We all need a spacious kitchen, as we spend most of the time there, either preparing the lunch for us or our family, or enjoying family dinners, or making a special dessert etc. Therefore, we seek to have generous spaces in our kitchens, in order to feel more comfortable and happy with our home.
Space-Saving Ideas for Making Room in the Kitchen
- Brian Patrick Flynn, the famous designer, observed the potential of his friends’ kitchen and encouraged them to win more space by unifying it with the dining room. He concentrated on creating enough space in which four people should feel comfortable enough.
- Brian begun by imagining how the four people would seat at the main table. Then, he decided to change the color of the walls, by adding green and olive.
- Other actions consisted from removing an old radiator that was occupying some unused space, and replacing it with a small wooden table. He has chosen to use stackable stools in order to win more space for the kitchen.
- Another innovative solution was to introduce a lighted pot rack for keeping the cookware.
- He also included an open storage for bowls, cups, glasses, etc.
- The next stage was to introduce the coffee cup holder.
- Then, he chooses to use a soap dispenser in order to convey an atmosphere of contemporary style and add a rustic element.
- In order to save more space, the designer decided to have a cabinet door for one of the base cabinets. The cabinet door was attached a paper towel holder.
- Afterwards, he wanted to introduce some sophisticated kitchen accessories: the spice jars with green color that would fit perfectly to the olive and green from the walls.
- The deep base cabinets were filled up with pan racks that should be perfect for an efficient storage.
- In order to use the space from the cabinets mounted on the walls in a more effective manner, wire racks were used as to ensure the perfect conditions for storage.
- Finally, the wine storage was introduced on a vertical basis.
We presented some useful ideas for saving space in your kitchen, by depositing items in an efficient manner, reducing irrelevant objects, or adding colors that are more vibrant. Nevertheless, anyone can apply all this advice within their own home, and this can really transform their lives, by improving the atmosphere from the house.